SCHEDULE: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm for three (3) consecutive days – June 21st to June 23rd
INSTRUCTORS: Chef Leo Spizzirri & Ralf Tschenscher, Baking Business Development Manager at LeSaffre
INTRODUCTION: The Pizza University and Culinary Arts Center is pleased to welcome Maestro Leo Spizzirri for his first official pizza making course as our newest instructor.
Leo Spizzirri has been recognized as one of the leading experts on bread and pizza doughs we are excited to offer this 3 day immersion course on Classic Italian Pizza with specific focus on the Italian preferment biga and the poolish starter.
This course, which will see the collaboration of Master Baker Ralf Tschenscher and LeSaffre, will be offered for all skill levels from home baking enthusiast to professional chef. If you ever wanted to learn the art of Italian pizza and the basics of biga and poolish starters, you don’t want to miss this unique offering.
Students can expect to learn:
- Dough theory
- Flour and ingredient chemistry
- Dough mixing principles
- Creating and storing biga and poolish to achieve proper pH
- Using a pH meter and other tools necessary to create the perfect biga and poolish doughs
- Hand stretching dough fundamentals
- Baking pizzas in a variety of professional ovens
- Real world knowledge on applying baking principles to your daily pizza operation
- Plenty of 1:1 interaction with the Chef Leo to answer all your questions.
This class is composed of a theoretical and practical section.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Pizza University Certificate
- Chef’s Jacket
- Swag Bag
The class will consist of both theory and hands-on guide practice.